We offer an opportunity you simply won’t find anywhere else. Mileway has grown into Europe’s leader in last mile real estate, with a 380-strong team and over twenty offices in ten countries. Now, in year three, we are still growing, further establishing and professionalizing our business daily to constantly meet the demands of our customers.
Are you driven, ambitious, and ready to take the next step in your real estate career? We’re looking for a Junior Asset Manager to join our Amsterdam-based team. You’ll be part of a young, dynamic team, working alongside colleagues from all over the world. We have flat reporting lines, working closely with senior staff members as well as our Portfolio manager and Country Director as we build and consolidate our position as the market leader in last mile real estate.
Under the leadership of experienced senior colleagues, you’ll assist setting the best asset management strategy and actively working on lease and commercial management activities. You’ll work alongside our international team to drive the management of our premium asset portfolio, while making great connections and building Mileway’s local and national relationships.
The right candidate has not only the drive and discipline to handle the day to day, but the ambition to grow with us as we develop an unparalleled opportunity as the principal player in last mile real estate.
Working at Mileway
Like for most people in Europe right now, there will be an element of working from home until it’s considered sensible to partially return to office. Following this, your home base will be our office in Amsterdam. We’ll equip you with a state-of-the-art technology package that helps you keep in touch, wherever you are. That doesn’t mean we need you 24/7. We expect you will work hard and that you will need some downtime. Respect for your personal life is key to keeping our team happy and our batteries charged.
Mileway started out to be a different kind of real estate company. As an audacious newcomer, we’re setting things up the way we always wanted them, like our cloud-based IT infrastructure and our team’s ability to flex across borders, combining the best of local knowledge with the pooled expertise of a pan-European business. And in 2020, we picked up an EGI Industrial and Logistics Innovator award.
What you’ll do
- Look for and exploit opportunities to add value in your asset portfolio and track asset management performance
- Manage lettings, renewals, rent reviews, lease surrenders, and associated capital expenditures
- Negotiate lease renewals and rent reviews, approve commercial terms of leases, and be responsible for converting commercial terms into contractual leases
- Be the direct point of contact of occupiers and understand their business and its requirements
- Track the risk criteria for your asset portfolio, spot red flags and inform the management team in case of warning signals. Deliver insights through market intelligence
- Carry out (financial) analysis and assist with preparing property budgets and reports
- Integrate remodelling, redevelopments and extensions into the business plan. You will work with your colleague asset managers, and the development and finance teams to control and monitor this as part of the business plan
- Collaborate with the technical property management team to ensure capex items and maintenance plans are executed according to plan
- Assisting in implementing our ESG ambitions as ESG is fully integrated in our business strategy, operations, key processes and decision making. Build a great network of regional and national consultants and colleagues. You will work collaboratively with accountants, external property managers and lawyers.
What you’ll bring
- Three years’ relevant commercial and/or technical real estate experience. A background in logistics and light industrial is relevant, but you can also bring what you’ve learned from working with retail or other asset classes
- An understanding of the last mile real estate realm. You will get to know the market and tenants and be able to spot and act on opportunities
- You have a commercial approach and like to network and collaborate. You also have experience in negotiating
- Your head for numbers. You will be assisting senior asset managers with validating valuations and forward-looking financial projections
- Your communication skills as a Dutch native speaker, plus fluency in English
- Your education in a relevant university degree (commercial or technical track is a plus)
- Your head for data. You’ll be able to digitize and track new data.
Apply via the following link.
We may be young, but with a portfolio stretching across Europe, an international, go-getting team, and growth plans that match our ambition, we have some big shoes to fill. To get there, we live our values: Drive, Trust, Grow, Together.