Type of contract: Internship
Duration: 6 months
Reporting Line: Director of Asset Management, the Netherlands and Belgium
Logicor Netherlands is looking for an intern to join our Dutch team, starting Q1 2024.
Logicor is one of the leading real estate companies in Europe focusing on the ownership and management of modern logistics and distribution properties. We currently own a portfolio of 600 high quality properties with a lettable area of approx. 13.7 million square metres and manage a significant amount of additional assets on behalf of third parties in key locations across the European supply chain. Logicor is headquartered in London and Luxembourg, with regional offices in the Netherlands, Germany, France, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Romania, Hungary, Czech Republic, Finland, and Sweden.
Logicor is an equal opportunities employer that strives to recruit a diverse range of talent. We promote and recognise the benefits of an inclusive environment where people can bring their whole self to work every day and celebrate our differences and experiences.
In the Netherlands, Logicor’s team of c. 15 professionals manage a portfolio of c. 35 properties, offering c. 830,000 sqm of warehouse space (including Assets Under Management), strategically located along the Dutch and Belgian busiest trade routes and close to its major cities.
As Logicor is in a strategic development phase in the Netherlands, the Asset Management intern will assist the team in the management of standing assets in the portfolio as well as in acquisition/disposal analysis.
The successful intern will work within the Dutch team with the (Technical) Asset Manager on the active asset management of big boxes and multi-let industrial (MLI) estates within the Netherlands as well as getting a first exposure with developments, technical management, and investments. The internship requires an individual who can work with the team and is motivated to support the team on several tasks and topics, as required during day-to-day business.
As a member of the team, the intern will have a key responsibility to support the Asset Management team to maximize portfolio performance through managing empty space, increasing rental tone, leasing term and valuations. The intern will have a hands-on mentality and will strive to support the team.
The internship will offer a unique introduction into the logistics real estate industry and how a leading player in this industry operates within it, as well as in-depth training, challenge, and responsibility. During the internship, tasks may include:
- Supporting the asset management team with lease renewals/ targeted regears and new leases
- Supporting the technical manager with overseeing various construction and redevelopment projects
- Working with the external property managers to maximise efficient portfolio management including, rent collection, service charges etc
- Working with external advisors to manage building contracts and manage capex projects
- Making broad analysis of CapEx projects, solar investments, and the regional portfolio
- Responsibility for keeping the market and research database up to date, such as investment comparables and lease transactions
- Tracking and managing budget and actuals of investments and capital expenditure projects
- Supporting with acquisitions and sales within the Belgian and Dutch portfolio.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
- A good understanding of Property, preferably within the Industrial sector
- Accomplished interpersonal skills, ability to work efficiently with rigor in an international team and environment
- Autonomous, initiative-taking, entrepreneurial and result driven culture
- Dynamic and proactive personality, with interest for the finance and real estate professions
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, deal-driven environment
- Ability to work both independently whilst also contributing to the overall team
- Experienced with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Graduate from a Business, Finance, (technical) Real Estate or Engineering School or renowned university
What we offer you
As intern at Logicor you will get the opportunity to develop relevant working experience, in an international leading real estate company. During the internship you will be part of the team and work on several projects within the business. At Logicor you will be working with an experienced team with expertise in several parts of the industry; Asset management, Investments, (Re)developments, and Technical Maintenance, this will allow you to have a broad exposure and kickstart your career in the Commercial Real Estate industry.
Interested or want to get more information?
Does this opportunity excite you and want to get to know more about an internship at Logicor? Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and an answer on the question below, and we will reach out to plan a meeting with you! If you were to build a 20,000 sqm distribution warehouse in the Netherlands, where would you build it and why?