Senior Analyst (Logistics) – CBRE IM
Role type: Full-time
Areas of Interest: Investment Management
Location(s): London – England – United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Paris – Ile-de-France – France, Schiphol ‘- Noord-Holland – Netherlands
About the role and the team
Would you like to combine your analytical skills and experience with your passion for accuracy and projects? Are you that self-driven professional who wants to work in the international real asset industry? Then our EMEA Logistics Operator Division team offers you the perfect growing experience!
The successful candidate will be working alongside the Logistics leadership, covering all day-to-day aspects of data management of portfolios as well as handling the preparation of periodic client and internal reporting.
The EMEA Logistics team is mostly based in London and Paris, as well as Amsterdam, the EMEA HQ of CBRE Investment Management however candidates from all EMEA countries are welcome to apply (any location within Europe where CBRE IM has an office). The division is comprised of 35 team members in total, covering both Asset Management and Transactions as well as Customer relations and Property Management across several countries.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Head of EMEA Logistics Operator Division to devise and implement a pan European strategy for the management, acquisition, and disposal of Logistics properties on behalf of internal clients as well as development and implementation of key business priorities.
- Supporting and ensuring the company’s sector view and strategy are properly communicated both internally and externally.
- Assisting the Head of EMEA Logistics Operator Division and Sector Leadership Team to optimize, leverage and operate systems and processes to advance strategic objectives including to enhance investment performance, sustainability performance and investor/tenant clients’ satisfaction across the platform.
- Assisting the sector leadership team to develop and implement a framework of “live” operational KPIs linking business operational requirements with reporting tools and working closely together with the Head of EMEA Logistics Operator Division, operations, analytics, real assets research and D&T teams.
- Coordinating with the Logistics leadership team, tracking best practices and areas of improvement to develop “lessons learned” knowledge sharing within and between sectors, partnering with the operations team to implement (system adoption/business transformation).
- Maintaining and regularly update progress in relation to key action plans including hold/fix/sell strategies, intensive asset objectives. Ensuring that meetings are properly scheduled and action plans followed-up.
- Leading innovation and pilot projects as agreed with the Head of EMEA Logistics Operator Division.
- Supporting the sector leadership team to prepare sector specific reports and decks (e.g. quarterly data review and verification/bi-annual reports/POCs etc). Devising and developing new reporting as required.
- Developing and sharing strong commercial asset and market knowledge by developing appropriate tools to track comparable (leasing and transactions) to be shared with colleagues including the real assets research team: articulating market trends and contributing to formulate strategy and explain the key drivers of sector performance.
- Liaising closely with the analytics team in relation to sector performance data, benchmarking, and analysis. Being a point of contact for ad-hoc analysis requests from different internal stakeholders.
What do you have to offer us?
- You have the ability to work effectively in a team in a cross-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
- You have real estate and/or sector background and strong academics, preferably with post-graduate education and experience in a related field (economics/finance).
- You have between 3-5 years of post qualification experience.
- You have strong financial analysis and modelling skills including valuation software (advanced excel, Argus) preferred.
- You have strong work ethic and ambition and ability and willingness to travel.
- You have problem solving and organisational skills: ability to coordinate multi-functional teams.
- You have excellent written & verbal communication skills and ability to produce high quality plans under pressure.
- You are fluent in English (additional languages are a distinct advantage).
About CBRE Investment Management
Our company is built on respect, integrity, service and excellence. From roles in portfolio, transaction and asset management to research, digital and technology and platform functions, there’s a place for you on our team. We provide a unique and collaborative culture that leads to expansive careers with a steady stream of new challenges and long-term opportunities. With over 900 employees spread over 30 offices across 21 countries, CBRE Investment management is a leading real assets investment management firm. In the Netherlands our 150 professionals work each day on the most exciting real assets projects from our offices at Schiphol.
For more information and application visit https://careers.cbre.com/en_US/careers/JobDetail/99019