We offer an opportunity you simply won’t find anywhere else. In less than four years, Mileway has grown into Europe’s leader in last mile logistics real estate, with a 450-plus team across more than twenty-six offices in eleven countries.
We’re looking for a high calibre Asset Manager to join us on our adventure in Amsterdam. You’ll be part of a young, dynamic team, working alongside colleagues from all over the world. You’ll report directly to the Regional Director to build and consolidate our position as the market leader in last mile real estate.
As Asset Manager, you will execute our asset management strategy including lease and property management. You will be expected to lead and drive the management of our premium asset portfolio while making great connections and building our local and national relationships.
The right candidate has not only the drive and discipline to handle the day to day, but the ambition to grow with us as we develop an unparalleled opportunity as the principal player in last mile real estate.
Working at Mileway
While we have already achieved a lot – our international, “can do” team, is only just getting started – we want to reshape our industry for the better.
Mileway set out to be a different kind of real estate company from the beginning, like our cloud-based IT infrastructure and our team’s ability to flex across borders, combining the best of local knowledge with the pooled expertise of a pan-European business.
At Mileway, we believe company growth comes from supporting the growth of our combined capabilities. This is why we have our own inhouse learning & development program where personal, professional and business development go hand in hand – supporting you in your own bespoke career development. While your base will be the Amsterdam office, we will give you flexibility to work some of the week from home. We’ll also equip you with a state-of-the-art technology package that helps you keep in touch, wherever you are.
What you’ll do
- Implement a sustainable asset management strategy for existing and future assets
- Challenge and put forward a recommendation for the annual asset budget for each asset as the initial part of the overall business plan
- Manage all lettings, renewals, rent reviews, lease surrenders, and associated capital expenditures, and approve the commercial deals within your thresholds;
- Track the risk criteria for each asset, spot red flags and inform the management team of any warning signals Deliver insights through market intelligence
- Look for and exploit opportunities for acquisitions, developments, extensions, and refurbishments to add value in our asset portfolio, while working closely with the Transaction Manager
- Collaborate with the technical property management team to ensure capex items and maintenance plans are executed according to plan
- Work together with the admin property management team to ensure collections and arrears are well managed
- Take a leading role in implementing our ESG ambitions as ESG is fully integrated in our business strategy, operations, key processes, and decision making
- Build a great network of regional and national consultants and colleagues
- Select and manage outsourced expertise
- Use your experience and drive to innovate, providing continuous first is class service to our customers by maintaining a warm and productive relationship with your customers.
What you’ll bring
- Your standout track record, with 4 to -6 years’ asset management experience.
- Experience in logistics and light industrial is particularly relevant, but you can also bring what you’ve learned from working other asset classes and / or within property management.
- You can demonstrate how and where you’ve added value and have great negotiating skills
- An in-depth knowledge of the last mile real estate realm. You’ll understand the real estate market and its customers and be able to spot and act on opportunities
- Local knowledge of the market and networks
- Your head for numbers. You can validate valuations and build forward-looking financial projections
- Your communication skills as a Dutch native speaker and fluency in English
- Your education in a relevant university degree
- Attention to detail and your head for numbers. You will have great analytical and financial skills
- You are a great team player, you can effectively lead projects, and inspire team members and colleagues.
Our mission is to be the most customer and environment focused last mile real estate company in Europe, creating space for businesses to grow sustainably. To get there, we live our values: Drive, Trust, Grow, Together.
Apply through this apply button.