Greystar is a market leading fully integrated real estate company offering expertise in investment, development, and property management of residential and student housing properties globally. The European business is rapidly growing, and currently covers the UK, the Netherlands, Germany, France and Spain. In the Netherlands, Greystar is growing a student and young professional rental housing portfolio focused on the Amsterdam-Rotterdam metroplex.
Our employees are the key to the success of our business with exceptional service at the heart of everything we do. This level of service is a result of their expertise, a solid understanding of the markets they operate in and a passion to provide outstanding experiences.
Our aim is to further expand across the UK and Continental Europe by hiring local talent and staying true to Greystar’s core values of integrity, respect, professionalism, accountability, service and team work.
About the Role
The Investment & Acquisition intern will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the Investment & Acquisition functions of the business that are tasked with the execution of investment strategies to deliver performance against business plans, at the asset and portfolio level.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Support the Investment & Acquisition team with gathering, compiling, investigating, and analysing market data to help assessing the feasibility of new investment opportunities
- Help to prepare investment memoranda, detailed reports, and market summaries that provide insights on proposed acquisitions and documentation for new business pitches
- Aid the team with investment intelligence related projects
- Monitor and report on key markets, industry and competitor data
- Assists with portfolio management and asset management activities as necessary
- Support with various financial, accounting, narrative, administrative and other reports and analysis and duties as assigned or necessary for the successful execution of the business plans
- This role will report to (Sr.) Investment Associate
- This role may have indirect reporting lines to other senior level colleagues within Investment
What we look for:
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- A bachelor or master degree student, preferably in analytical field such as finance, real estate, accounting, economics, mathematics, statistics, science or engineering
- IT literate and fully conversant with all Microsoft Office packages including PowerPoint (intermediate level) and Excel (intermediate level)
- Available for at least three months, starting date to be discussed
- Must have excellent written and spoken English (additional languages are desirable)
- Demonstrated interest in real estate, investment management or private equity
- Good quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and attention to detail with a demonstrable ability to research, analyse and present financial data.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to effectively write and present reports and information.
- Good organisation skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines.
- A positive team player, with an adaptable and flexible approach along with ability to work collaboratively to drive results and support the wider team and business objectives.
- Experience working in the real estate sector
- Fluency in additional European Languages (Dutch, German, French or Spanish).
What makes this opportunity great:
- Exposure across a range of the Company’s investment and asset management activities
- Learn about real estate investment strategies and execution
- Opportunity to develop technical and financial skills as well as teamwork and communication skills
- Fast faced environment that will enable you to grow as a professional
- Unique culture that values diverse backgrounds and perspectives with focus on team work
- Work with mentor that will guide you during your internship period
Behaviours & Values:
- Integrity - We will stay true to the highest ethical standards and principles, and be honest, trustworthy, and humble in all of our words and actions.
- Respect - We will accept and value our individual differences and show genuine consideration for the thoughts, needs, and ideas of others. We value and encourage a work/life balance.
- Accountability - We will take responsibility and accept ownership for our words, actions, tasks, and results, and respectfully hold others to the same standard.
- Professionalism - We will proudly present a positive, dignified, and business-like image at all times through our appearance, behaviour, and interactions with others.
- Teamwork - We will work together to accomplish goals, solve problems, and enrich our work environment.
- Service - We will make service our top priority by giving our time, knowledge, and experience to serve the needs of our customers, community, and team members.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to Rick Willems, firstname.lastname@example.org